Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
hani_kas
New Contributor

captive portal closes automatically after accepting terms in android

Hello,

we have a problem when the captive portal load over android device and the user accepts the terms the browser closes automatically without going to the forwarded address on the other hand when you do that on an IOS device the browser stays open and forward the user to the site we have set.

5 REPLIES 5
mauromarme
Staff
Staff

Hello @hani_kas 
Is this happening with all the Android phones?
What Android Version are you running?

Regards,

Mauricio Marin
Fortinet TAC Senior Engineer
hani_kas

We have tested it with few samsung mobile phones my device is S22 running Android 13 and we have tested it with few other devices all of them with android 13.

Regards,

Hani Kassem

ebilcari

If the Captive portal is opened through the assistant (CNA or mini-browser that auto pop-up), the web page redirection may not work. This comes as a limitations introduced by some of the vendors. You can try the login using a standard browser on the phone, just close the assistant and open a web page in a browser that will redirect you to the portal page. After the login the redirection should happen normally.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
hani_kas

Thank you for the Help. But we are looking for a way to allow that auto pop-up to stay open, looking online I saw few offers to block some google URL's that will prevent the pop-up from closing I have given it a try but it Didn't work.

ebilcari

We have this document for FortiNAC, Captive Network Assistant
Automatic Captive Portal Detection that explain how to manipulate the end host to use the assistant or not. FortiNAC achieve this while manipulating DNS and redirecting URI, maybe you can do similar configurations using FGT.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors