Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
papapuff
New Contributor II

ask - disable LAN port on fortinet

hi there, I have fortigate 40C, there are 4 internal ports. can I configure to disable/enable certain port? as example, I only want to enable port 1 and 4, the rests are disable. so whenever other device connected to port other than 1 or 4, that device can' t connect to network. need info. thanks before
6 REPLIES 6
papapuff
New Contributor II

hi...anyone can help? or at least, what is the name of that function on fortinet? thanks before
harald21
Contributor

Hello, the ports " internal1 - internal4" are at the device internal switch. In the fortigate config you normaly just see the " internal" port. So separate these ports you have to change the internal switch from " switch mode" to interface mode" first. Sincerely harald
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Not sure if you can do that on the 40C.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
papapuff
New Contributor II

Hi there, I know this thread may be already " expire" ,so please apologize me to raise back this thread. anyway, about fortinet which can do manage each internal port, which one of fortinet which have that feature? at least the " value" one, price compare feature is reasonable for SOHO (small office, Home Office). thanks before.
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

The FG-60C is the cheapest (' most economical' ) Fortigate that I know 100% to be able to split the switch interfaces. Have you searched the forums for " 40C" ? There might be a thread asking for " switch-interface" , answering your question. Do you already own a 40C? Then you could just try it out - if the firmware doesn' t recognize the command then it isn' t supported.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Shoyoacid

i also got fortigate 40 c i changed " switch mode" to interface mode" but after switching i can seem to access the fortigate anymore through web gui
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors