Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
BR-AG
New Contributor

Windows DHCP configuration for ssl vpn

Hello,

Can someone help me to configure dhcp server on windows server for ssl vpn clients. I have fortigate 100f with version 7.2.5 which I configured according to the instructions https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-SSL-VPN-with-external-DHCP-Server/ta-p/215...
When configured for vlan everything is easy and works fine. For ssl vpn clients where there is no default gateway the configuration looks different. On wireshark you can see that when trying to connect vpn request to dhcp server is sent. However, the connection does not happen because the client does not receive an ip address. Do you know how the configuration should look like on the dhcp server side of the windows server ?

1 Solution
BR-AG
New Contributor

I didn't notice that the manual said to configure the loopback. Configuring the loopback interface took care of it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dbu
Staff
Staff

Hello @BR-AG ,

Have you specified this IP range on the Fortigate SSL VPN configuration ? 

Verify under VPN > SSL-VPN Settings > Tunnel Mode Client Settings > Specify > IP Ranges. 

You can troubleshoot further from the DHCP Server side by checking the logs:

Troubleshoot problems on the DHCP server | Microsoft Learn

Regards!
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
BR-AG
New Contributor

I didn't notice that the manual said to configure the loopback. Configuring the loopback interface took care of it.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors