Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sagvan
New Contributor III

Where to Get FortiAP and Fortigate Firmware Files for Upgrade

Hello,

We have a Fortigate (100F) and multiple FortiAP (231F) access points. We recently ran into a problem. Almost all of our access points are working normally, but there is one that had slow Wi-Fi speeds. We tested the cable and the switch port, but it seemed they were not a problem. We tested another brand AP, and it had high speeds. With a reset, the FortiAP felt a bit different, but still has unstable speeds.

We wanted to upgrade the firmware of that particular FortiAP, but it seems it's hard to get the file. Can someone guide me for how to get the actual file as many tutorials just show me where I can upload the file on Fortigate without telling me where to get it.

Note: Its current version is 7.0

Thank you!
#FortiAP #Fortigate #Firmware-Upgrade

Sagvan Saleem
Sagvan Saleem
1 Solution
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Yes I confirm it is the same, you can download it from there if you have a valid support contract for your FortiAP.

AEK

View solution in original post

AEK
4 REPLIES 4
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hello Sagvan

Your equipment needs to have a valid support contract. If so, you can do it from FortiGate GUI or download directly from support.fortinet.com, with an account liked to that valid contract.

AEK
AEK
sagvan
New Contributor III

But what about FortiAP firmware files? Can I get them on support.fortinet.com as well?

Sagvan Saleem
Sagvan Saleem
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Yes I confirm it is the same, you can download it from there if you have a valid support contract for your FortiAP.

AEK
AEK
sagvan
New Contributor III

Thank you, and have a great day.

Sagvan Saleem
Sagvan Saleem
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors