Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
monon
New Contributor

Where else to check FortiCloud Keys of FortiAPs?

Hi,

As the title says, where else can I get the FortiCloud keys of my FortiAPs? Unfortunately, the contractor has installed all the newly purchased FortiAP 221e without me getting record and inventory of it. Now I am not able to register them into my FortiCloud account because I don't have the keys. The APs are installed on very high ceilings.

Are there other ways to get the keys? I already have them connected and managed in my FortiGate FW.

10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254
3 REPLIES 3
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hi @monon ,

You can follow this document. In this way, you don't need a FortiCloud Key for registration.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortiap/7.4.2/fortiwifi-and-fortiap-configuration-guide/920031/re...

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @monon,

You can also call Customer Service to get the FortiCloud keys. 

Regards, 

Genobaseball10
New Contributor III

You should be able to register the AP's without the forticloud keys! I did this recently at a new deployment. If you already have the AP's connected to the fortiswitches and DHCP is configured, you should already see them in the wireless controller. 
If they are not fortiswitches, just make sure they receive a DHCP address from DHCP server pointing their gateway at the fortigate. 
If you aren't routing with the FortiGate, I think you can use DHCP option 138 from your DHCP server to point the AP to the FortiGate. 
If you need help with any of these, please feel free to reply and I will help you out!

CCNA | FCP | CWNA
CCNA | FCP | CWNA
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors