Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
TJ
New Contributor

Web Page Block

Hello! I try to unlock http://auskunft.ezt-online.de, unfortunately I do not succeed.

When calling the URL is unfortunately no category, only that the URL is blocked. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong here.

18 REPLIES 18
infomedi
New Contributor

I got the same issues. Its impossible to unlock a specific website with fortinet. 

You can lock a specific on without problem but its impossible to unlock it.

Hope some new release will correct this.

Markus
Valued Contributor

On which firmware guys? I've whitelisted Web Filter URLs always without problem in 5.2.10, 5.4.9, 5.6.8 and 6.0.4. - never an issue with that feature

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
Markus
Valued Contributor

did you have ssl inspection (at least cert inspection) enabled on this policy?

did you use the right webfilter profile on the correct policy?

sure the exemption is correct and in the correct webfilter profile?

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
infomedi

I'm not pro with fortiThings.

I dont thinks we use SSL inspection. But only the cert inspection.

But i'm sure of the configuration I use to unlock. I'm sure i configure the good rule (not the default one) but it dont work:

infomedi

Here is the certificat inspection page

infomedi

Here is the configuration of the URL Filter in the FortiGate:

sw2090
Honored Contributor

I see you are also using FortiGuard Category based filtering.

Probably this is what hits you here. Maybe that Site is in a category you have forbidden. In this case the first filter hits and it gets blocked then url filtering might not me considered anymore.

You would see that on the blocking page you get since the category is listed. In this case you would have to set a rating override (which does not support wildcards!) or allow the category.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Markus
Valued Contributor

thanks for the screens, for me it looks ok. I think best is to crate a ticket, and have a look with TAC.

infomedi

Haha ticket is already open... I wait for a solution!! ;)

Thanks for your help

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors