Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tasneem
New Contributor

WEB FILTER- STATIC URL FILTERING

Hi All,

I have a web filter called (LAN USERS- New policy) .

*) In which in General category i have blocked job search .

*) but i want to allow only www.glassdoor.com and www.glassdoor.in which falls under job search category .

*) I went and allowed it in the STATIC URL FILTER of (LAN USERS- New policy).

But still i am not able to open www.glassdoor.com or www.glassdoor.in

Attached Screen shot the kind reference .

Regards

Tasneem Ahmed 

16 REPLIES 16
Robbo009

ok thanks. I was setting up so much stuff and going crazy. Would you put a deny all from lan to internet after that rule to catch anything that falls through?

Toshi_Esumi

Yes. That's what I would do. Then you can add more above it when you need to allow something else.

Toshi_Esumi

Or, you can use the implicit deny then set only allow policies.

Gypsy_Dave

hmmm, the adobe internet services don't seem to work with adobe creative cloud. Has anyone had success with these for the adobe creative cloud app on a MAC?

Toshi_Esumi

I don't know why it doesn't work but another option is to use application control to allow the pattern. There seems to be a signature "Adobe.Creative.Cloud" including both download and upload. Specify it in a sensor and apply it to a policy allowing it. Then place it at the top of the policies.

Robbo009

I don't know if its a bug with firmware 6.05 but under applications control I have to enable all adobe services and also some other category like business for it to work. Just using creative cloud signatures does not work. Its runs really badly when filtered. Takes forever to open and crashes constantly. Pretty horrible in fact. LOL. I'll see when firmare 6.2.2 is stable if these problems are solved, as there is a bug resolved regarding exactly adobe services.  Many thanks.

Toshi_Esumi

Open a ticket with TAC please. That's the only way to improve/fix those service issues.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors