Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Bot5
New Contributor

WAN load balancing and ISP merging with 4 ADSL connections.

I have a pair of FortiGate 201F in HA  currently running with 1 ADSL link.

We need to add 3 more ADSL links to the existing connection.

I am finding a way if we can merge all the 4 ADSL connection for increased bandwidth.

What would be the best way to achieve this...!!!

Looked in old communities and came across WAN-LLB and SD-WAN.

I believe WAN-LLB is for of firmware versions and SD-WAN is for current firmware.

Is there a way where we can merge all the ISP connections to increase bandwidth, or only load balancing and failover is the only possibility..?

faayiz
faayiz
2 REPLIES 2
pgautam
Staff
Staff

Hi @Bot5

Thank you for posting your query.

Is there a way where we can merge all the ISP connections to increase bandwidth, or only load balancing and failover is the only possibility..?

Please find the answer to your query:-

- It is recommended to configure SD-WAN to load balance and utilize all the 4 wan interface bandwidth efficiently.
- ISP technology cannot be combined and we cannot send a few packets via one interface and a few packets via other interfaces
- We can not merge all the ISP connections
- We can do load share between the interfaces

- To configure SD-WAN you can follow the below guide

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.0.12/administration-guide/708464/maximize-bandwidth-s...

Regards
Priyanka

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution

Bot5
New Contributor

Hi Priyanka,

The FortiGate is in HA.

Do we have any technote in FortiGate documentation detailing this traffic flow..?

Thanks in advance.

faayiz
faayiz
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors