Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
machiasiaweb
New Contributor

WAN interface not allow PING until Trusthost added

Hello, I have problem when doing config of allow PING setup against to Fortigate's interface.  I have setup: - The WAN interface already set allow to PING.   - No any policy to disallow any IP to PING Fortigate's Interface - It is not allow to ping until add the Source IP at Trusthost under user management

- No any policy with allow any(or someone) to access WAN interface IP. When checking with syslog.  I find that previously was blocked by local-in-policy with Policy ID 0.  However, don't know why it related to local-in-policy and Policy ID 0. It could not see anything under local-in-policy #show firewall local-in-policy config firewall local-in-policy end and could not find what inside of Policy ID 0 --syslog-- Sep  8 13:34:17 192.168.168.168 date=2017-09-08 time=13:34:17 devname=FG100XXXXXXX devid=FG100XXXXXXX logid="0001000014" type="traffic" subtype="local" level="notice" vd="VDOM-VDOM" logtime=1504848857 srcip=src_IP srcintf="wan2" srcintfrole="wan" dstip=wan_IP dstintf="VDOM-VDOM" dstintfrole="undefined" sessionid=427002255 proto=1 action="deny" policyid=0 policytype="local-in-policy" service="PING" dstcountry="DST Country" srccountry="Src Country" trandisp="noop" app="PING" duration=0 sentbyte=0 rcvdbyte=0 sentpkt=0 appcat="unscanned" crscore=5 craction=262144 crlevel="low"

----------- Could you please advise?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
acuity
New Contributor

When trusted hosts are configured they are also applied for ping.

"The trusted hosts apply to the web-based manager, ping, snmp and the CLI when accessed through SSH. CLI access through the console port is not affected."

http://help.fortinet.com/...ling_remote_access.htm

ede_pfau

The FGT needs a route to the source IP subnet. Either an explicit one or the default route (you do have one set, don't you?).

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors