Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Peter_Burk
New Contributor

VPN client does not connect

Hy, is there someone who can tell me why the forticlient does not connect with VPN when the client is not on the local network?

I think the client should work like this:

1) I reach my EMS server, I'm on my local net, everything is fine, no VPN connection.

2) I do not reach my EMS server, I am not on my local net I have to force login with VPN right after the network is established.

And 2) does not work

FortyClient Telemetry says : NOT REACHABLE

So how do I have to change the configuration that the client starts doing his job :)

4 REPLIES 4
SteveG
Contributor III

Are you asking why FortiClient on the local PC isn't able to access EMS via the VPN or the VPN simply doesn't work when off-site?

What type of VPN are you using, IPSec or SSL?

Is the EMS server on a DMZ?

Peter_Burk

Hy, I'm using IPSec. The EMS server is in the local net not DMZ.

I think I have to find the Automatic to start the VPN. Look at the Picture if I choose "none" nothing happens, If I choose Hadsel kommune, on the extern net the Client starts VPN Connection,

intern makes no sense but he tryes and failed ..

I think the client should check if he's intern or extern and react or not..

Peter

SteveG

Ah so you're bringing up the VPN prior to logging on to Windows? Have you tried the VPN remotely when already signed in to the desktop? I often see problems with users home routers blocking IPSec, there's usually an option to enable 'IPSec passthrough'.

Peter_Burk

Hy, VPN connect from outside works perfect.

I have to choose "none" because if a user is first time at home he must have the chance to change the wireless configuration to his network and than must the forticlinet find out that this is not not his domainnet and login automatic with VPN. If I choose Hadsel kommune the PC/user has no chance to change the network because forticlient tries to connect instantly.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors