Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Dyop_Geop
New Contributor

Unusual peaking of ISP

Unusual peaking of ISP

Hi fellow fortinet engineers,

I've been encountering this issue for a few days now, randomly.

Please see screenshot of our monitoring system. PRTG. 

We have 4 ISPs and the 3 ISPs went down and unusually boosted up in terms of bandwidth. I mean ridiculously peaked. All three of them. simultaneously.

All of our ISPs are at 30mbps only.

My question is, have any of you fellow engineers encountered this issue? What do you think is the cause?  Is there a way for our fortigate to show what causes this?  Hope someone could answer.

Thanks everyone.

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff_FTNT
Staff
Staff

From timestamp  (11:40), it look FGT is doing AV/IPS signature update.You may use small Fortigate with UTM enable on policy.Check the FortiGate Event to see what happen on that time, thanks.

Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

If your ISP(s) employ burstable bandwidth then that could be what you are seeing.  But, I'm more incline to think it's a "glitch" or how the buffering of the graphing data is sent to the monitoring software; we see this ourselves with our own monitoring tools (mainly Zenoss) when a site goes down briefly or we have a temp problem with our backhaul or server connection.  I would be more concerned about your 3 x ISP connections going down at once (unless all connections are with the same ISP). 

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors