Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ponder
New Contributor III

Switch Ports - 60D

Hello,

I could do with some more help 

I have a 60D, LAN side consists of 3 ports configured as a hardware switch.  I am having a speed duplex issue on one port, I need to force one of the port to full/10.  (for some old device on the LAN)

The other ports negotiate correctly at 100/full & 1000/full as needed.

I checked the knowledge base and it seems I can only configure speed/duplex on switches via system global?  I know I can't edit the port individually, it gives an error - 'conflicts with names used by the switch interface hardware'

Can I not edit individual ports when they are part of a switch?  This seems backwards to me, or am I missing something fundamental?

Thanks,

Ponder.

8 REPLIES 8
omega
New Contributor

Can't you just give all Ports settings to the set command (e.g. ... 10half auto 100full)

ponder
New Contributor III

omega,

It won't let me do that as the ports are part of a switch - it gives the error -> 'conflicts with names used by the switch interface hardware' <- when trying to edit the specific interface I need to change.

Thanks,

Ponder.

omega
New Contributor

I meant you edit the switch-interface and instead of giving one argument to the set command you give 3 arguments to it (a list of settings for the ports).

ede_pfau

In order to configure a port individually you need to separate it from the switch (virtual port). But maybe you can add it back afterwards. Never tried any of this though.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
ponder
New Contributor III

@omega - That won't help me as one of the sets of speed/duplex is correct for one of the ports so it needs this (full/100), but the port I want to force to 10 is negotiating at the same (full/100).  For what ever reason the device will only pass traffic when forced to 10/full.

@ede_pfau - I tried that, when you add it back it removes the speed/duplex config.

I still don't understand why I can't just edit the port individually when it is part of a switch.

ede_pfau

It is like it is, take it as a fact. The FGT is a highly flexible machine but there are limits.

Can you think of a workaround?

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Get a cheap NetGear 5 port switch and daisy chain the two. If the unit only speaks at 10/full, then the latency certainly won't be an issue...

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
ponder
New Contributor III

Yes, I think I am going to have to do something like that.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors