Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ragman
New Contributor II

Streaming services very slow or inaccessible when Web filtering is enabled in FortiClient

We are having some issues when the FortiClient's Web filter is enabled. When visiting YouTube or any other streaming service, Video only starts to play when refreshing the page. So every time the user wants to stream somthing, they would browse YouTube, select video, but then would need to refresh the page again to view the stream/video, otherwise the page just stays blank. Disabling the Web filter on the client resolves the issue.

Anyone else experiencing this issue with FortiClient 7.2.x?

10 REPLIES 10
Stephen_G

Hello Ragman,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I found this: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/Support-Forum/FortiClient-6-0-3-0155-blocks-some-youtube-videos-by...

Is it relevant to your issue?

Thanks,

Stephen - Fortinet Community Team
Stephen_G

Hello,

We are still looking for someone to help you.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Stephen - Fortinet Community Team
Sheikh
Staff
Staff

Hello Ragman,

Have you tried in "private window" or in-cognito mode in Chrome ? Are there any browser extensions installed, If yes, try to disable them and see.

Have you enabled any other filters  ?  Do you see any information from the Forticlient logs ? 

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/Customer-Service/Technical-Tip-How-to-export-FortiClient-Logs/ta-p...

regards,

Sheikh

**If you come across a resolution, kindly show your appreciation by liking and accepting it, ensuring its accessibility for others**
nbutt
New Contributor II

This problem is browser agnostic, it affects chrome, edge, firefox the lot! browsing in a private window will not help unless you've allowed private to bypass forticlient web filter.

nbutt
New Contributor II

i enabled debugging log level and checked , no useful information.

nbutt
New Contributor II

We have the same issue started last week, no changes made on our side.

EMS 6.4.8 , Forticlient 6.4.x, also tried with FortiClient 7.2.x as a stand alone test and same issue occurs.

I have a case logged with Fortinet but no help so far.

nbutt
New Contributor II

I've also tested off our corporate network with a standalone machine on a separate internet circuit with no firewalls on the edge and exact same issue occurs.

When FortiClient Web Filter is disabled in all scenarios the problem disappears. 

aliyavuzer

Hello, @nbutt. This issue has been resolved with new browser plug-ins. By the end of December, the new extension will be accessible in browser extension stores.

nbutt
New Contributor II

Hi Aliyauzer, how do i get the new browser plug-ins now?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors