Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Atothendy
New Contributor II

Stitch Trigger for firmware update available

I'm looking at a way to simplify and/or globally manage firmware update for our (relatively small) fleet. We only have 6 or 7 gates and no FortiManager at the moment.

I want to be able to generate an email when a firmware update is available; this seems like a good use for an automation stitch. Then we can figure out whether to enable automatic updating for the gate, or to have someone schedule to do it manually.

There doesn't seem to be a default trigger to do this; has anyone had any luck or know of a way a trigger could be created?

7 REPLIES 7
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

AEK
Atothendy
New Contributor II

I didn't actually find that KB article, which is super helpful, thanks. I did do a EL search for Firmware and found the description but couldn't see the EID easily. 

I'm going to go and rty and find similar for 7.2.x stream which is what we're on at the moment (and one still on 7.0

I've just checked for 7.2 and 7.0 streams and found this event ID Is the same, so i think this is the correct solution. I'll attempt to roll out later today.

hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @Atothendy,

What is the current firmware version? You can create an Automation Trigger based on FortiOS Event Log "New firmware available on FortiGuard" with Automation Action to send email. 

trigger.PNG

Regards, 

Atothendy
New Contributor II

variants of 7.2 and 7.0. Aiming for a target of 7.2.6 at the moment

adambomb1219
SuperUser
SuperUser

I would highly recommend a FortiManager

Atothendy

yep, that's the correct solution for sure, but i'm not there at the moment. 

mle2802
Staff
Staff

Hi @Atothendy,

In addition to Hong reply, please refer to this doc for automation stitch config https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Use-FortiGate-automation-stitches-for-aler...

Regards,
Minh

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors