Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Slow connection in transparent mode.

Hi, i am using transparent mode on a FGT60B. I use the internal and WAN1 ports to bridge the traffic. I am using the WAN2 on a separate internet connection for remote access. I have a internal -> wan1 all all rule. No filtering. The problem i have is that access to the internet is very slow and sometimes timeout. I am wondering if it' s because of the third port used for remote access. Somebody using more than 2 ports in transparent mode?
3 REPLIES 3
laf
New Contributor II

I tried once using the dmz port and I had similar problems. I don t know if this is just a coincidence or a fact. As it was a critical business I quit using that port and no tests were made after.

The most expensive and scarce resource for man is time, paradoxically, it' s infinite.

The most expensive and scarce resource for man is time, paradoxically, it' s infinite.
abelio
SuperUser
SuperUser

I cannot reproduce your problem; I' m using 8 of 9 interfaces of a 60B running TP mode with 2 vdoms also. I really doubt that slowness symptom be related with using more than 2 interfaces. I' m not sure if i fully understand your scenario; maybe you' re under http://kc.forticare.com/default.asp?id=2086&SID=&Lang=1 situation?

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Not applicable

Here is my setup: WAN 1 ------- FGT60B -------- Internal WAN 2 -----------| WAN 1 is for internet browsing. WAN2 is an internet access dedicated to connect remotely to the device. laf, are you using the transparent mode in the VDOM? I tried that way and it seems that i do not have the problem.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors