Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Mario_Z_
New Contributor

Set internal ip problem 60D

Hello friends! Hope someone can help me with this problem: I have a 60D with a previus configuration so I changed the internal ip trhough the console (whitout problem as i can see with the "show" comand), but since this change I can't load the grafic interface (i tryed pinging to new ip but no reply too), I tryed to back to the old ip but still not able to load the grafic interface. Before I changed the ip there was no problem connecting with the interface... I'd really apreciate any tip

Thanks a lot!

6 REPLIES 6
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Assuming you changed the internal (LAN) IP for the fgt, did you set the proper subnet mask? 

From the console check the admin access settings are correct for the interface in question:

e.g

config system interface edit "lan"         set allowaccess ping http https ssh snmp fgfm     next end

We do need to know what interface (port) you are trying to connect to the GUI from. And what error message (if any) are you getting (n your web browser).  Have you tried using a different web browser?

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
sw2090
Honored Contributor

and is the new subnet/ip connected to that interface?

Does traffic reach the FGT at all?

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Mario_Z_

Hi, I'm going to put it in a new LAN, but now I just have it connected directly to my notebook in order to configure it. I also tryed to restore factory settting and I was able to connect througt the console and as well the GUI, but changing the ip internal I had the same problem (just possible to connect by console, not GUI)

Could be a technical problem whit the device?

Toshi_Esumi

By default, although this depends on the version of FortiOS, an FG60D has "internal" hard-switch interface (under "config sys virtual-switch") and all 7 LAN ports are bound to it. And there are no difference/distinction between plort #1 - #7 . If the preexisting config has broken the hard-switch port down to indivitual port, you should see "internal1", .... "internal7", or at least a part of it under "config sys interface" through the console CLI. You should check them first to understand how these LAN ports have been configured.

ede_pfau

Or "exec factoryreset" in CLI and start anew.

There is no simple way how setting a single IP address on the LAN port to a different value should inhibit access (*). Maybe you could show us what exactly you've configured.

(*) oh, there is...setting the LAN address to "x.y.z.t/32", irrespective of the numerical values of x, y, z or t.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
ede_pfau

(last posting was duplicated)

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors