Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
thunder7972
New Contributor

Separating FortiLink traffic from other traffic

Hi, I'm trying to determine whether FortiLink traffic can be sent out-of-band/over separate interfaces to my other traffic.

I'm working on the topology below and would essentially like to send regular traffic and FortiLink traffic across different links. Is this possible?

topology.png

1 Solution
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hello

The default FortiLink's VLAN is 4094.

Didn't do this before but I guess you can just remove your prod VLANs from the FortiLink's dedicated link and leave only VLAN id 4094.

However FortiLink traffic usage is very low, so I wonder why do you need to separate them.

AEK

View solution in original post

AEK
2 REPLIES 2
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hello

The default FortiLink's VLAN is 4094.

Didn't do this before but I guess you can just remove your prod VLANs from the FortiLink's dedicated link and leave only VLAN id 4094.

However FortiLink traffic usage is very low, so I wonder why do you need to separate them.

AEK
AEK
whozitsdad
New Contributor II

We have 101F's and 201F's in HA with a lot of 448EFPOE.  1024D's is our distribution switches.   We segmented the heck out of our network and created a load of vlan network interfaces.  We isolated the mgmt vlan 4094.  Same as what AEK said above.  

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors