Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kitty
New Contributor

SSL VPN Tunnel Mode

Hi Everybody,

I have a weird question about SSLVPN tunnel mode. Now I am running a Fortigate 800C model with SSL-VPN tunnel mode, of cousre everything was good. Today there is somethimg that it makes me curious about a static route for return traffic ssl.root interface and then I tried to delete this routing line but the remote users is still running normally. Why Why???

Thanks a lot.

2 Solutions
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

When the remote initiate a session over the vpn the FGT remember it and the returning traffic back to ssl.root interface. But when local devices to the FGT try initiate session with the client, it wouldn't go into the tunnel without the route, and a policy.

View solution in original post

Toshi_Esumi

Yes, just put it back in to avoid any issues in the future though.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

When the remote initiate a session over the vpn the FGT remember it and the returning traffic back to ssl.root interface. But when local devices to the FGT try initiate session with the client, it wouldn't go into the tunnel without the route, and a policy.

kitty

Hi Toshi Esumi,

Thanks for your answer and I also understand your explaining about all things connect between remote users to local devices and vice versa directions. As a result, the static route that was deleted, did not affect to sessions from remote users to all the local devices, right?

Thanks a lot.

Toshi_Esumi

Yes, just put it back in to avoid any issues in the future though.

kitty

Hi my friend,

Thank you so much! Toshi Esumi,

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors