Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
TTaylor1919
New Contributor

SD-WAN Failover

My job recently purchased a Fortigate 600D Enterprise firewall device. I am trying to route traffic to  our 2nd internet service provider. I have the 2nd internet  service provider plugged into a port thats configured as a WAN port. The Fortigate detects  the connection and i see the green uplink icon but no traffic is going out the port. I configured one of our servers to send traffic directly to configured WAN port.  I enable SD-Wan feature cause I plan on routing traffic from one ISP to another ISP. If one link goes down it sends traffic to the other ISP. The issue I'm having is getting the 2nd ISP to  send traffic out its port.  I double check to make sure the port i Configure for the 2nd ISP was a WAN. Any assisted would be greatly appreciated

1 REPLY 1
ahmedsf
New Contributor

Hi,

first make sure you have configured the inside and outside NAT. ISP must have given you some router, make sure the NAT is done, then make sure the interface of FW is configured with the correct IP and proper routing is done. Failover can work when you define appropriate policy routes.

Regards,

Syed

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors