Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Chuck_Everlea
New Contributor

Remote Syslog - Changing the default port for sending syslog to remote syslog server

Hi:

I know one can get the Fortinet (Meru) Controller to send its syslog to a remtor syslog server, by specifying the "syslog-host <hostname/IP_Address of remotr syslog server> under the configuration mode.  I have tried this and it works well - syslogs gts sent to the remote syslog server via the standard syslog port at UDP port 514.

What I'd like to do is to have the controller send to the remote syslog via a different port, is that possible?  I can't seem to find any information about this so any ideas would definitely be appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Cheers

Chuck

1 REPLY 1
Chuck_Everlea
New Contributor

azh wrote:

Hello and welcome, 

You can do it on cli: 

config log syslogd setting set status enable

set port XXX

Hope it helps :) 

Thanks for your tips.

I forgot to mention that I am actually looking for the instructions on the ex-Meru Wireless Infrastructure controllers (MC Series and new FWC Series controllers) running on System Director software version 8.4x, therefore your configuration steps doesn't apply to this version or hardware product line.

Thanks though - you response is truly appreciated.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors