Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
cir0
New Contributor

RDP Client over SSL VPN - Font smoothing and resolution

Hi, in these difficult days with many worker adopting remote/smart working I hope in a resolute improvement on Fortigate rdp client over ssl VPN.

I am unable to find a solution to enable font smoothing (or clear type font) when connecting via ssl vpn portal using fortigate rdp connection. This is an rdp client setting that I cannot set on fortigate rdd client. It is very annoying and difficult to work with not smoothed fonts.

Another problem is the screen resolution that fortigate rdp client decides to set. It is very strange algorithm. If I connect with a 4k screen the resolution on remote machine is set to 1536x864, when I use a monitor with a minor resolution of 2560x1440 the rdp connection set a remote resolution bigger (!) 2048x1152.

This cause bad scaling and without clear type font it is very difficult to work with.

Have you any suggestions? 

12 REPLIES 12
Magion

Ok, created a ticket as well... lets see how it goes.

Magion

Just figured it out...

The scaled down resolution is because of font scaling setting on your host machine. On a 4K screen it will automatically switch to 150%. So 3840 is scaled down to 2560...

Once I set font scaling to 100%, I get a full 4K resolution RDP in the web portal.

Downside is, the resulting font size on both the host and RDP session is very small.

rafael_jimenez
New Contributor

Azure Active Directory single sign-on (SSO) integration with FortiClient.

Hello,

I need SSO (and MFA) for the Windows FortiClient in Azure. 

There are some documentation for other firewalls brands in Azure, but not for fortinet.

Thanks.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors