Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
alby13
New Contributor

Problem via VPN Connection - no more ip address available

i everybody

i'm writing this post because i have a problem with VPN connection of my company. The firmware's version is 5.6.0.

the problem is as follows:

we have for the employees a private subnet /23. I have some specific users that reach the public interface and have got more than one ip address assigned. the problem is that after reached the maximum number of ip address available (512),an user that want to connect via VPN on the device appear this message wn" tunneltype="ssl-tunnel" tunnelid=2092191216 remip=xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx user="xxxx" group="AllowDialin" dst_host="N/A" reason="no more IP address available" duration=0 sentbyte=0 rcvdbyte=0 msg="SSL tunnel shutdown"

i attached a screenshot ( have you evere had this problem? is it a bug on fortinete's version?

could you help me ? do you have suggestions?

thank everybody for your help.

A.

1 REPLY 1
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Likely a bug fixed later since I don't see multiple IP in 5.6.6 SSL-VPN Monitor. When you check all release notes from 5.6.1 to 5.6.6 you might be able to find it. There were lots of SSL VPN related bugs fixed with those maintenance release versions. Generally leaving it with x.x.0 version even after bug fix versions have been released is not a good idea. 

I suggest you upgrade it to 5.6.6 by following the upgrade path. Then still doesn't fix, open a case with FTNT TAC.

We regularly avoid first a few versions of the major version and wait until x.x.4, .5 or so comes out. Meanwhile a reboot or changing the subnet would temporarily avoid the no-ip situation.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors