Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rlewcosa
New Contributor

PC Freezes/RAM Maxed when running FortiClient

I am running the full version of FortiClient connecting to SSL VPN (with EMS in between). As soon as I launch FortiClient and connect the RAM usage will start steadily increasing until all 32GB are maxed out and my laptop freezes. If I don't shutdown the Forticlient app in time I have to force restart. We are running SentinelOne antivirus and I had the vendor add exclusions for Forticlient but it's still happening, so I'm not sure if it's an antivirus conflict or something with the app. However, we have several users with the same setup and they don't have issues. Has anyone else run into this? I did completely remove and reinstall the latest version of the app but issue persists.

3 REPLIES 3
xshkurti
Staff
Staff

@rlewcosa 
Have you tried to install a different version of FortiClient? Is it possible to completely disable antivirus for a moment to see if the issue happens without active Antivirus?

rlewcosa

I'm waiting on the vendor to get back to me on if I can temp disable the antivirus for testing (it is all managed through the MSP). I previously used the free FortiClient app and had no problems, just for security compliance we were moving to the full version to incorporate MFA and this full version is the one that's freezing. Oddly, my coworker with the exact same setup is not having this issue.

rlewcosa

Update, the vendor temporarily disabled the AV and no issues. So it is an issue on the AV vendor's side, I just have to figure out why it's only my PC and not everyone's, since we all use this product.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors