Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
morewireless
New Contributor II

New Certifications: specifically for FortiSwitch and FortiAP?

Hello FortiCommunity,

I researched the new certifications, but unfortunately I have not been able to find certifications or current trainings which are relevant for switching and wireless. Can you advise which certifications are relevant? 

As far as I understood "Fortinet NSE 6 - Secure Wireless LAN 6.4" is expired and also 6.4 is kinda old version anyhow.

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hello

Fortinet NSE 6 - FortiSwitch 7.2

Fortinet NSE 6 - Secure Wireless LAN 6.4  (still available, check the link below)

https://training.fortinet.com/local/staticpage/view.php?page=fcp_network_security

AEK
AEK
morewireless
New Contributor II

As far as I understood all "NSE x" certifications are retired and replaced by the certifications below. How do Switching and Wireless fit into this "picture"? 

Fortinet.jpg

Also version 6.4 seems very old. 

hbac

Hi @morewireless,

FortiSwitch and FortiAP (Secure Wireless LAN) is under FCP Network Security.

Regards, 

morewireless
New Contributor II

Thank you for the clarification. That's not what I expected, but it answers my initial question. I was expecting something more specific in the area of (wireless) "networking". But as you mentioned its part of FCP Network Security and this certification can be achieved with just one of the various "elective" exams:

• NSE 5 FortiManager
  • FCP FortiClient EMS Administrator
  • NSE 5 FortiAnalyzer (version 7.0 or older)
  • NSE 6 FortiNAC
  • NSE 6 FortiAnalyzer Administrator (version 7.2 or newer)
  • NSE 6 FortiSwitch
  • NSE 6 FortiAuthenticator Administrator
  • NSE 6 Secure Wireless LAN
AEK

FCP Network Security

AEK
AEK
spoojary
Staff
Staff

We do have FortiSwitch

Siddhanth Poojary