Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bcdudley1
New Contributor

Need help understanding SD-Wan for multiple locations

So I have spoken with my Fortinet SE and they gave me a short demo about how wonderful SD-Wan is and convinced me I need to use it. I really do think it will make my life easier if I can get it working. My problem is I have 2 primary sites and 3 other branch locations. I have 3 circuits (ASE, EVPL and Microwave) between my 2 primary sites and 2 circuits to all my other sites (ASE & EVPL).

What I am struggling with it how to use SD-Wan to setup a connection to each site. I thought that once SD-Wan zones came out in 6.4.x, that would help me, but it didn't. I keep getting stuck on how to setup routes for each site. 

Maybe I am going about this all wrong, but I am trying to create a SD-Wan zone for each location. I then setup vlan interfaces between the 2 sites and add them to the zone. That is as far as I get because when I go to my static routes, the only option I have is SD-Wan. How can the firewall know where to send traffic if I cannot tell it which zone to send to?

Please help.

1 REPLY 1
orani
Contributor II

Hi,

You can add all your circuits to one zone and set a default route to SDWAN. Then you can create SDWAN policies in order to route traffic accordingly.

Another way to configure this is adding BGP to your plan.

In order to be more specific i need to have more details on your setup.

Orestis Nikolaidis

Network Engineer/IT Administrator

Orestis Nikolaidis Network Engineer/IT Administrator
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors