Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
uAgyQy5z3
New Contributor

Need Help With Firewall Deployment

I bought the Fortigate 30E for my home local area network. It's running version 6.2.3 firmware. I have a couple of questions.

1. I should probably upgrade the firmware first before I actually start using it on my network.

2. I'm having a hard time with getting the system working in the first place. I'm fairly weak on routing/subnetting/addressing but I know enough that with some help, I can figure it out.

3. I've checked out the cookbook and manual for this device, and a lot of this stuff is a bit over my head.

I spent a couple hundred on this thing, so I'm determined to figure it out and get it working. Please help. If someone even wants to personally guide me through it on Skype or something, I'll throw some cash your way on cashapp.

1 REPLY 1
sw2090
Honored Contributor

1. you can allways do a firmware upgrade - just if you already have done some configuration you have to do it accoarding to the recommended upgrade path by Fortinet to make sure you don't screw your config.

Getting yourself a backup before upgrading is not a bad idea generally :)

The rest depends on you needs :)

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors