Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
smcguire
New Contributor

NSE4 Training Question

Hello,

I'm working on getting to the training for the NSE4 fortigate I & II, there's a choice of course with online vs. classroom (Sunnyvale,CA).

Has anyone had experience with either style of the NSE4 training?

My goal is to take both trainings and then sit for the Pearson Vue exam.

Just wanted to get some information as I'm new to supporting the fortigate products (800C's and a 200D).

-Stephen

6 REPLIES 6
SCSIraidGURU
Contributor

I looked into it.  $1800+ for NSE4 was not worth it.   I can do my CISSP and all five exams for my Cisco Certified Design Professional and build the Cisco VIRL virtual lab for under $1200.   Fortinet needs to have $30 books available for the NSE4 exam. 

smcguire

I agree that the cost is very high (NSE4 I & II is over $4k), thankfully my employer is likely to pay the cost.  I'm a CCNA and am quite happy with the Cisco products and training however this new position deals with Fortigate products.

I'm just trying to understand the justification for paying that amount and achieving the NSE4 cert.

-Stephen

SCSIraidGURU

I don't understand the high cost for Fortinet.   My Certified Novell Engineer ( 7 exams) was $10,000 but Novell was on 85% of all servers back then.   I can see spending that on Microsoft or Linux certs.   Cisco is cheap and Cisco hardware is everywhere.   Why is Fortinet and Citrix over $4000?   To me, I have seen books on the market on Fortinet.   However, if it is the boss's dime, go for it.  

tanr
Valued Contributor II

I just noticed that they've updated their training for NSE4 I & II to be for FortiGate 5.4 instead of 5.2.  It looks like NSE 5 and above are still using the 5.2 FortiGate material.

Any feedback from people who have actually gone through any of the NSE training?  How useful was it vs. books or actual documentation?

Alby23
Contributor II

At the moment you can order via PVUE both 5.2 (70% passing score) and 5.4 exams (60% passing score).

Some of the questions are generic-networking related but other ones are specifically addressed during the course so following a training it's surely a big advantage in order to obtain the certification.

If you have specific questions regarding the exam please let me know.

Silver
New Contributor

Hello are the question in the FLC enough to pass the nse 4 v 5.4 and does the question same in exam.

Thanks

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors