Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sozyildiz
New Contributor

My PC crashes after trying to connect SSL-VPN

My FortiClient VPN server version is  7.0.7.0345

I have used vpn for a while without any problem. I didn't use it for a while because I haven't need it. Then after I have tried to connect my customer via SSL-VPN, it goes to %98 then my PC crashes. It says "Something went wrong :(" in blue monitor view and it reboots. 

My IT said that the computer should be formatted. But It is very risky because of my projects.

2 REPLIES 2
Christian_89
Contributor III

Experiencing a blue screen error and system crash when trying to connect to your customer via SSL-VPN can be frustrating. While formatting the computer might be a solution recommended by your IT, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try before resorting to such extreme measures. Please follow these steps:

1. Update FortiClient: Make sure you are running the latest version of FortiClient VPN. Visit the official Fortinet website and download the latest version compatible with your operating system.

2. Check compatibility: Verify that your operating system and hardware meet the requirements specified by Fortinet for the version of FortiClient you are using. Ensure your system is up to date with the latest patches and updates from the operating system vendor.

3. Disable third-party antivirus/firewall: Temporarily disable any third-party antivirus or firewall software on your computer. These security applications might interfere with the VPN connection. If the VPN works without them, consider adjusting their settings or consulting their support documentation for VPN compatibility.

4. Clean boot: Perform a clean boot to start your computer with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This step helps identify if any conflicting applications or services are causing the crash. Follow the instructions provided by your operating system vendor to perform a clean boot.

5. Check event logs: After the crash, check the Windows Event Viewer for any error or warning messages related to the crash. Look for entries related to the time of the crash and note down any relevant information. This can help identify the cause of the crash and assist in troubleshooting.

6. Contact Fortinet support: If the issue persists after trying the above steps, it is advisable to reach out to Fortinet support. Provide them with the details of the crash, including any error messages or event log entries. They should be able to provide further assistance and guidance specific to your FortiClient version and setup.

Remember to consult with your IT department or professionals before attempting any troubleshooting steps or making changes to your computer's configuration. They will have the best understanding of your specific IT environment and can provide appropriate guidance based on your organization's policies and procedures.

shocko
New Contributor III

I have something very similar on FC 7.2.3 on Windows 10 Enterprise 22 H2. Disabling the Webfilter and Application Firewall resolves. I have crash dumps so will be submitting to support and will post back any findings. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors