Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tim_frodermann
New Contributor

More than 2 WAN-Links?

Hi, I have a question on how to use multiple WAN Links on a Fortigate unit. I would like to hear how you do it, generally. Fortigate units have two WAN ports. I am using these both with a lot of customers either for separating traffic via policy routing or for failover or for both at the same time. Now I have some customers in areas where they are not able to get a 50Mbit line but rather 5x 10Mbit lines. What are the options to use more than two WAN-Links with one unit? Given the background that it is not pppoe but rather separate provider routers as gateways. Can I utilize LAN Ports as WAN Ports ore something like that? Thank for your ideas! Bye, Tim
11 REPLIES 11
kahardreams
New Contributor

Hi All,

i'm newbie here and need some help,

i use fortigate 90D with Fw. v5.2.4,build688 , and i need to use more than 2 Wan ports,so i'll use internal port as WAN, and will have to Change internal port from Switch mode to interface mode.

i have some several questions:

1. the condition is internal ports(port1 & port2) already in use.

is it possible if i change to interface mode without deleting policies?

2. if it's a must to delete policies, could the config to be exported then i delete some policies, then i Change internal port from Switch mode to interface mode. then i import the config. will the configuration be the same as the old config?

Thank You so much for the advise

MikePruett

You can edit the default interface (usually called lan or internal) and remove the interfaces you are wanting to make a hardware switch out of.

Then you create a new hardware switch and places those ports accordingly.

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors