Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ltaylor
New Contributor

Monitoring an IP to see web traffic failure

I forget where it is that you can filter an IP of a client PC if they have a website that is failing. You type in the IP and filter the IP to see if traffic that is killing the website. Any info would be great.

7 REPLIES 7
mahesh_secure
Contributor

Hi Which firewall model using ? Logging must be enabled to forticloud , memory , disk or fortianalyzer to get the webfilter traffic. Regards Mahesh
ltaylor

fortigate 240d

mahesh_secure

Hi See the below link for enabling forticloud [link]http://cookbook.fortinet.com/logging-forticloud/[/link] Enabling disk logging may impact on device performance. So better move with forticloud Regards Mahesh
ltaylor

Thank You for your reply. I believe my post is more confusing then it should be. Here is another angle. I try a vendor sends me a link for gotoassist.com and I launch that. It stops mid stream and sticks. I call the network admin and say hey I think the firewall is blocking this session. He asks for my ip and I give it to him. THen he watches the traffic to see if it is getting blocked. He is able to see the traffic and unblock the IP that go to assist is using. I have watched but forget. I know it is simple to him. I hope this a better explanation. He does all this in house for local PCs and servers.

Thanks, Larry

ede_pfau

You can trace sessions in FortiView (main menu, 2nd entry). You can filter by source IP, destination IP, service etc. Diskless FGTs will only show current sessions (probably buffered in memory) whereas models with an internal disk offer several time intervals/history.

If there is no session at all it means that the FGT itself will not allow the connection - missing policy, missing route or such.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
David_Williams

Hey guys, a few months ago I created my website and to increase the web traffic I appealed to internettrafficservice.com which increased my visitors on my website. Now I want to control how much viewers I have per day, but because of my IP, I can not see the number of visitors. Please, share some information with me, I really need to check the website traffic to see if those guys had done everything. Should I ask my service provider for help?

mahesh_secure

Hi

This what you need.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors