Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AUT_Maverick
New Contributor III

Memory Leak

Hi Forum!

Is in Version 7.0.13 also this Problem?

Solved: Re: Fortios 7.0.x memory leak? - Page 2 - Fortinet Community

Could you give me an answer on this problem.

BR
Valentin

HUVA
HUVA
1 Solution
AUT_Maverick

Now my question is it useful to upgrade to 7.0.13? The issue list of Known Issues has personally put me off:

Bug ID: 861962 When configuring an 802.3ad aggregate interface with a 1 Gbps speed, the port's LED light is off and traffic cannot pass through.

963600 SolarWinds is unable to negotiate encryption. A Negotiation failed: no matching host key type found error message appears in the log.

843554 If the first firewall service object in the service list (based on the order in the command line table) has a protocol type of IP, the GUI may incorrectly modify its protocol number whenever a new firewall service of the same protocol type IP is created in the Gui.
This silent misconfiguration can result in unexpected behavior of firewall policies that use the impacted service. For example, some 6K and 7K platforms have firewall service ALL (protocol type IP) as the first service, and this can cause the ALL service to be modified unexpectedly.

And many more also in relation to SSLVPN.

We have configured 802.3ad 1 Gbit interfaces on 4 out of 5 firewall clusters. Only on the 500E Fortigate are no 1Gbit/s trunks configured.

We also have SolarWinds IPAM in use.

Please help me with the above topic.

HUVA

View solution in original post

HUVA
2 REPLIES 2
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

There were multiple reports of memory leak issues in older versions on 7.0.x chain and most of them are fixed in latest releases. 7.0.13 looks stable so far based on various feedback received and that is one reason why it is the recommended release for multiple platforms (ref : https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Recommended-Release-for-FortiOS/ta-p/22717...)

If you have any specific bug id, we can check that or you can refer to the release notes, known issues section (its always recommended to go through the release notes before upgrade).

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

AUT_Maverick

Now my question is it useful to upgrade to 7.0.13? The issue list of Known Issues has personally put me off:

Bug ID: 861962 When configuring an 802.3ad aggregate interface with a 1 Gbps speed, the port's LED light is off and traffic cannot pass through.

963600 SolarWinds is unable to negotiate encryption. A Negotiation failed: no matching host key type found error message appears in the log.

843554 If the first firewall service object in the service list (based on the order in the command line table) has a protocol type of IP, the GUI may incorrectly modify its protocol number whenever a new firewall service of the same protocol type IP is created in the Gui.
This silent misconfiguration can result in unexpected behavior of firewall policies that use the impacted service. For example, some 6K and 7K platforms have firewall service ALL (protocol type IP) as the first service, and this can cause the ALL service to be modified unexpectedly.

And many more also in relation to SSLVPN.

We have configured 802.3ad 1 Gbit interfaces on 4 out of 5 firewall clusters. Only on the 500E Fortigate are no 1Gbit/s trunks configured.

We also have SolarWinds IPAM in use.

Please help me with the above topic.

HUVA
HUVA
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors