Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
RolandBaumgaertner72
New Contributor II

Lost Token - what can we do?

Hello,

we lost a FortiToken for the admin user of a Fortigate. This was the only user and on the mobile FortiToken APP it doesnt show anymore the token (I really dont understand how this can happen).

After searching KBs I think the best option is using the same model, copy the config file without the token and change the licence subscription to this modell.

Is there any other way to avoid this?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
sw2090
Honored Contributor

hm remove the token from the user, save it and then re-add the token again. This will reset the token registration and offer the user a new reg code and qr-code to scan or enter to the token app.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
hbac
Staff
Staff
RolandBaumgaertner72
New Contributor II

Hi, 

thanks, thats all I could find but since I guess it is faster to take another unit and copy the config file without token, I wanted to be sure that there is no other way to keep the actual FG because than we have to switch the licence.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors