Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
cnoche
New Contributor

Issues with getting correct download speeds

Device : fortigate 60d

ISP: Spectrum

Line speed :300 down, 24 up.

When behind the firewall we are getting between 54-70 down and 24 up. From the modem we are getting 300/24. I have worked with tech support but was not able to resolve the issue. I have disabled utm and changed the wan port to be 1gb instead of auto negotiating. Still no luck

I have seen the fortinet  not get the full bandwidth on several of my customers who are supposed to download  more than 200. Wondering if anybody else has seen this issue?

12 REPLIES 12
ISIFortinet

So to confirm you placed a basic dumb 1GB switch in line between the Arriss internet modem and the Fortigate Wan port and your download speed on the LAN side of the Forigate went from 110MB to 800MB+?

Thanks,

Bob

CH4

The post you are quoting is 2 years old.  From my experience with this issue, it was more a function of using something other than "speedtest.net".  If I used "fast.com" and multiple threads I could see the full bandwidth or if I used iPerf.exe to a vpn server or internet iPerf server, I could push full bandwidth.

for some reason yet to be explained, I got different results running bandwidth tests to "speedtest.net" from a Fortigate and a Sonicwall across a cable modem.  But the same results when going to "fast.com" or using iPerf.  In short, don't use "speedtest.net" for bandwidth testing of the Fortigate through a cable modem.

ISIFortinet
New Contributor

cnoche@verticalsol.com wrote:

Device : fortigate 60d

ISP: Spectrum

Line speed :300 down, 24 up.

When behind the firewall we are getting between 54-70 down and 24 up. From the modem we are getting 300/24. I have worked with tech support but was not able to resolve the issue. I have disabled utm and changed the wan port to be 1gb instead of auto negotiating. Still no luck

I have seen the fortinet  not get the full bandwidth on several of my customers who are supposed to download  more than 200. Wondering if anybody else has seen this issue?

Same issue here. Did you ever find a solution?

Bob

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors