Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
champ2152
New Contributor

Issue logging into firewall FG 60C

Hello,

We have been getting messages on the firewall that remote user has been trying to get access. The message was "Failed admin authentication attempt for root". I did some searching and found out a way to trust certain IP's in the admin section.

So I decided to add my public IP for this trusted admin log in's. No sure if this was right way in hind sight.

Anyway now I am not able to access the web interface internally. Not sure if the local IP had to be added.

I downloaded Fortiexplorer and connected it via USB cable. I am able to connect to the firewall but the log in still does not work connected via cable.

Is their any other way around this besides resetting the entire firewall settings?

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

12 REPLIES 12
champ2152

toshiesumi wrote:

Use the console (serial) port. That's the last resort.

I tried the usb port and was able to get to the command line but it still wont let me log in. Tells me my password is invalid.

Toshi_Esumi

That's a different problem unrelated to trusthosts. You need to do password recovery procedure described in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAChWOsViX0

champ2152

Right I understand it is a different issue. But changing this caused the problem when i can not access and log in. I was just explaining how i got this issue. I know my password but for some reason i think because of this trust its having an issue. I will check your video.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors