Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ckny
New Contributor

Internet Drop Outs after Fortinet Install

After Fortinet Firewall install we experienced Internet and network dropouts and got a report showing horrible dropouts, latency, lost packets, through the roof. What could cause? Do I need higher bandwidth from my ISP? A report showed the ISP may be cutting me off due to increased bandwidth use. I never had the problem with the other firewalls. How can the Fortinet be generating that much more bandwidth? All other hardware, configurations and applications have not changed. Only the Firewall.
10 REPLIES 10
Toshi_Esumi

You wouldn't be able to know unless you have direct access and a previous backup config and can get the latest config backup so that you can compare the difference between them on the FGT. Same goes to the other devices in-between the path.

Only thing you can do next time it happens would be yelling at the same guy "You fixed it the last time so you must know why it's happening, which I have no idea."

But my guess is he fixed the duplex-issues at multiple places.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors