Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
LarW63
New Contributor III

Interface Binding Contradiction When Pushing Policy

Hi,

In FM v5.4.3, I moved an FG from one ADOM to another by Deleting and Readding the Device.  I made sure the FG Interfaces were mapped properly to FM Policy Interfaces before pushing.  Yet, I get the following during the push.

Error 20: interface binding contradiction

I've double-checked both the Interface Mapping and the existing Policies being pushed but can't find a contradiction.  

Does anyone have any insight to how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks for your time.

Lar

3 REPLIES 3
chall_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Problem wouldn't be interface mapping.  Error would usually be resulting from a mismatch between an object's interface binding & the associated policy where the object is being used.

When you added the device to the new ADOM, did you perform an Import Policy Package?  The Import log (if you saved it) might give some insights if there was a mismatch between the object definition on that FGT & the object as available in the ADOM.  Or try the Import again.

Chris Hall
Fortinet Technical Support
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Agreed, you probably have a fw.addr.obj  called that bind to a interface. Check the object(s) and ensure the are correct.

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
LarW63
New Contributor III

The main reason for moving from one ADOM to another is a totally revised policy set.  So, I hadn't actually imported the original/old policy into the new ADOM.  Just tried pushing the revised policy set, which generated the error.  

Upon your suggestions, I have now imported the old policy set.  Then reassigned the FG into the new policy set and successfully pushed the new policy.  I then deleted the old policy set.  This process seems to work fine.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Lar

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors