Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
amelguizo
New Contributor

Install Policy from FTM to FTG issue // "Input is not a valid CA certificate"

Hi, 

I'm running 5.4 in FTG and 6.0 in FTM in KVM environment. ADOMS running ok, but I'm not able to intall the pocily for the first time. 

FortiGate-VM64-KVM # config vpn certificate ca

FortiGate-VM64-KVM (ca) # edit "ADOM_TEST"

FortiGate-VM64-KVM (ADOM_TEST) # set ca "-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
> MIIDADCCAeigAwIBAgIgNkJBOURFQzUyMUVCQ0IxODkxQjgwRjlDMkNGOEQ3RjUw
> DQYJKoZIhvcNAQEFBQAwKzEWMBQGA1UEChMNRm9ydGluZXQgTHRkLjERMA8GA1UE

> -----END CERTIFICATE-----"

Input is not a valid CA certificate.

Please some workaround?

Thx!

6 REPLIES 6
jonathan007
New Contributor

I have the same issue, Can you solved this? thanks for your help

djar

Same issue here with Fortimanger v6.2.3-build1235 in an untouched brand new virtual lab installation.

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Is the cert your installing a  "CA", if not it will fail. Try loading the certificate to a computer and check for a CA type.

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
djar
New Contributor

emnoc wrote:

Is the cert your installing a  "CA", if not it will fail. Try loading the certificate to a computer and check for a CA type.

I decoded it and checked it with OpenSSL, it is a CA cert.

Also, this certificate has not been installed by me. In fact, nothing has been installed so far. Set up Fortigate VM, setup the Fortimager, thats it. No changes from the default, sothis must be some kind of bug?

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Are you sure the cert be copied is not mangle or cutoff  in any shape ? If you access a fgt via cli and paste the cert in does it take ? I just had that issue in  FGT6.2.3 btw, hence why I ask.

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Perhaps the text encoding is not correct (e.g. UTF-8 vs unicoded); I usually just copy/paste into (say) notepad then select that text (in notepad) copy/paste that back into whatever I was trying to do. 

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors