Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
George
New Contributor

How to open a different port for a single IP address

Hi !

I have a Fortigate 90d model, and i have to open ports like 6080, 1433 and 1434. I wish that those ports to be open only to a single internal IP address

What should I do for make this simple task ?

1 Solution
ede_pfau

Non-port forwarding VIPs and port-forwarding VIPs to the same destination address are mutually exclusive!

Think of a non-port forwarding VIP as forwarding ALL ports, including the single port you already have defined in a port-forwarding VIP. Imagine traffic arriving for that destination port - which VIP should then respond?

This is ambiguous and as such not allowed.

@George:

just define one VIP for each port you want to expose to the public interface (I'm assuming that is what you meant). To facilitate the policy, group those VIPs into a VIP group and use that as the destination address in the policy.

Pretty straight forward and easy.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"

View solution in original post

Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
6 REPLIES 6
nn
New Contributor

Create custom services using those ports

Create a new policy Lan -> Lan

Set Source and Destination as Node A and B

Allow Services -- custom services created for those ports in the new policies

neonbit
Valued Contributor

Just to confirm, are you looking at these ports to be open for inbound traffic (ie internet hits those ports and it gets routed to single internal IP address) or outbound traffic (only single internal IP address is able to reach the internet on those ports)?

For inbound traffic you will need to create a VIP, custom services and link them both in a policy (http://video.fortinet.com/video/116/port-forwarding-5-2)

For outbound traffic follow nn's steps (policy needs to be LAN > WAN, Node A > Any)

heedlix

I'm trying to do the same thing for a FortiGate 30b.  Every time I try to create a VIP, I get a "A duplicate entry already exists" error, but the only entry in the VIP list has no port forwarding.

Any ideas?

ede_pfau

Non-port forwarding VIPs and port-forwarding VIPs to the same destination address are mutually exclusive!

Think of a non-port forwarding VIP as forwarding ALL ports, including the single port you already have defined in a port-forwarding VIP. Imagine traffic arriving for that destination port - which VIP should then respond?

This is ambiguous and as such not allowed.

@George:

just define one VIP for each port you want to expose to the public interface (I'm assuming that is what you meant). To facilitate the policy, group those VIPs into a VIP group and use that as the destination address in the policy.

Pretty straight forward and easy.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
nn
New Contributor

I think he is looking for internal to internal from the post. He will also need to create address objects, and a deny I think.

Ali_FCNSP
New Contributor

Under Object use Virtual IPs

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors