Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Kubajs
New Contributor III

How to create web exceptions

Hello,
I primarily use policy-based mode because I find it easier to understand, however, for the sake of more support I am trying to convert policies to Profile based mode and I have a question. How do I get the web filter to have the social media category enabled while blocking social media like tiktok, wechat... In policy-based mode it was enough to make a deny rule on these apps and under it create a rule where I allow social networks, but I have no idea how to do the same in profile-based mode in FortiManager.

Thank you in advance for your advice

3 REPLIES 3
jasonhong
Staff
Staff

When creating a new policy, the Security Profile section will appear once the Action is set to "Accept" as per below screenshot.

There, you will be able to set the necessary web filter profile for the policy.

secprof.jpg

Kubajs
New Contributor III

Hello @jasonhong ,

Thanks for response, but I think you did not understand my question completely. I know that I can use Web filter. I want to know how I should block 2 social media web sites and rest allow.

jasonhong

You may use the URL filter option under the webfilter profile.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.4.1/administration-guide/615462/url-filter

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors