Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
twjw7110
New Contributor

How to configure per-VDOM DNS

How do you configure per-vdom DNS?  I found information in the CLI reference, but it doesn't appear to be working:

config system vdom-dns set vdom-dns {enable | disable} Enable/disable configuring DNS servers for the current VDOM. set primary {ipv4 address} Primary DNS server IP address for the VDOM. set secondary {ipv4 address} Secondary DNS server IP address for the VDOM. set ip6-primary {ipv6 address} Primary IPv6 DNS server IP address for the VDOM. set ip6-secondary {ipv6 address} Secondary IPv6 DNS server IP address for the VDOM. set source-ip {ipv4 address} Source IP for communications with the DNS server. end

DNS queries appear to poll the root VDOM system DNS, instead of the configured VDOM (wireless).  All NS lookups have the root VDOM DNS domain name appended to them.  Web browsing does not function.  I have the specific (wireless) VDOM configured as follows:

config system vdom-dns     set vdom-dns enable     set primary 208.67.222.222     set secondary 8.26.56.26     set source-ip x.x.x.x (omitted) end

Perhaps I simply missed something in the configuration process?  I'm not sure, couldn't find any examples of vdom-dns configuration.

--TJ

1 REPLY 1
figge
New Contributor

I am interested in this also. There is no mention of this option in the fortiOS Handbook.

Will these commands allow the VDOM to resolve names individually, and does that mean

that the VDOM gets their own DNS cache?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors