Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
piaakit1210
New Contributor III

HA Active Active the secondary devices stop to have network connectivity

Dear All,

I have an ugent issue, after the 2 fortigate 201F configured in HA Active Active, the secondary devices stop to have network connectivity, not even the mgmt interface, i can not ping and access to the secondary devices, i have tried to factory reset the secondary device and form the HA again, and issue still exist, and i followed below video to do the HA, any help would be appreicated 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j25SwFGa76M

piaakit

1 Solution
anignan
Staff
Staff

Hi @piaakit1210 ,

I think you should check your network design because no matter the HA mode only one device is the primary .. HA is just for resource sharing. you cannot have servers only connected to slave and not to primary. They must all connect to both devices and there will be a virtual mac address shared between both member and only the primary will reply to arp request..

Abdel

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
anignan
Staff
Staff

Hi @piaakit1210 ,

Are you trying to ping the secondary from the dedicated management interface? Are you able to see sessions being processed by secondary in the HA page?

Abdel

piaakit1210
New Contributor III

yes a few mins ago i see in HA page both Devices were up and sync, but now i see the 2nd device show not synchronized, any idea what goes wrong ?

piaait

piaakit1210
New Contributor III

i formed the HA with active active and working probably for a week, and today i start to register the devices in ha mode, and i see one devices is not register, just wonder will this causes issue ? 

anignan
Staff
Staff

Hi @piaakit1210 ,

If you hover on the secondary it will show you what part of the config is not in sync.

You mean registration to FortiCare?

piaakit1210
New Contributor III

Yes for forticare, and please find below ha status 

FG.jpg

anignan

Hi @piaakit1210 ,

Can you hover to the secondary to check which part is not synchronized? In your physical topology you can see if both members are registered under FortiCare

Abdel

piaakit1210
New Contributor III

yes this moment only 1 device has registered, will this issue caused the other one not function ? how i can see the secondary to check which part is not syncronized ?

anignan

I dont think so... Can you power cycle the secondary?

piaakit1210
New Contributor III

ok let me try to power cycle the secondary and after what i can do next ?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors