Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Christian_89
Contributor III

Fortiswitch Docu

Hello Together

For the documantion for the Fortiswitch, Doucusnap is used by the customer.
The Fortiswitches are only connected to the Fortigate via Fortilink.
I can make the Fortiswitch accessible via SNMP and ping?

1 Solution
ebilcari

you can choose the policy and find the button "Edit in CLI" from the GUI and set manually the outgoing interface like:

config firewall policy
edit 22
set name "xxxx"
set srcintf "port2"
set dstintf "port5"    <-- in my case or "FortiLink" 
- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

Yes, but you have to setup up a valid IP subnet that is routable for the FortiLink interface. You also need to create a firewall policy to allow SNMP and ICMP communication to the switch from the external server.

FortiLink interface as an example:

fortilink IP.PNG

You can also set up DHCP reservation so the IP of the switch will not change after reboots.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Christian_89

thanks for the info.

For the firewall policy I can not select the fortilink.

or I'm just on the hiatus is possible through

ebilcari

you can choose the policy and find the button "Edit in CLI" from the GUI and set manually the outgoing interface like:

config firewall policy
edit 22
set name "xxxx"
set srcintf "port2"
set dstintf "port5"    <-- in my case or "FortiLink" 
- Emirjon
Christian_89

Super thanks a lot.
Works.

ebilcari

I'm glad to hear that, happy to help!

- Emirjon
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors