Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jdsauer77
New Contributor

Fortimanager for Home Lab / Learning

I have an FGT 60F at home and a friend has one at his home (total of 2). I want to play around and mess with SD-WAN, ADVPN, etc. between the two devices. Unfortunately, a license for FortiManager is way outside of my budget for something I'll just be using to learn with. Is there an option for someone who wants to learn the tools without having to shell out over $1k for 1 year of FMG? Are there easy eval licenses that don't require going through a major sales pitch?

We both have valid support licenses, so are already paying each year to keep those updated. We just want to do some of the stuff via FMG that we would otherwise need to do manually as a way to learn (and probably start signing up for training classes, which again are a little high priced for just some home users looking to learn more).

1 Solution
ozkanaltas

You can download vm images from support.fortinet.com without license.

After login, click support -> Vm images menu. You can dowload from this menu.

IMG_2728.jpeg

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW

View solution in original post

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
4 REPLIES 4
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @jdsauer77 ,

You don't need to buy FortiManager for lab purposes. Fortimanager free trial is supports up to 3 device for free. 

You can review this document about Fortimanager free trial.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortimanager/7.4.0/vm-trial-license-guide/273638/activating-a-fre...

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
jdsauer77

Weird, I've tried to add it to my FortiCloud or find a VM download (I have a hyper-v server here I can use it with, or I can spin up a different VM environment if necessary) and not seen the ability to do so without a license for it. I'll keep looking, maybe my google skills have been failing me.

ozkanaltas

You can download vm images from support.fortinet.com without license.

After login, click support -> Vm images menu. You can dowload from this menu.

IMG_2728.jpeg

jdsauer77

Found it, last time I tried the same spot it told me I had to have a license to download, so not sure what that was about. Thanks for the direction.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors