Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
David_Franzen
New Contributor II

Fortimail M365 Inbound handling

Dear all,

I am currently encountering a problem with my Fortimail.

I have two inbound policies in the access control.

One inbound rule is for sending emails within the 365 tenant and the second is for inbound from external emails. The rule2 is set up strictly and the rule1 is set up friendly.

Now I have the problem that when an external 365 user sends an email to an employee, the friendly policy matches instead of the strict policy. For example, if I send an email from gmail, the strict email is matched as intended.

I suspect that I can only keep the 365 tenants apart by a rule in 365 (partner to your 365).

However, before I change anything here, I would like to hear how you have solved this.

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards
David

Best regards!
Best regards!
4 REPLIES 4
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello David,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

We are still looking for someone to help you.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello David,

I found this forum exchange:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/1021040/weird-behavior-of-exchange-online-for-no...

Could you please have a look into it and tell me if it is helping?

Regards,

David_Franzen

Hello,

Unfortunately, the problem could not be solved this way.
I will continue to look at the issue and get back to you as soon as I have found a solution.

Best regards

David

Best regards!
Best regards!
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors