Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
NeoRant
New Contributor III

Fortimail Gateway Template

Hi team,

So i found a Fortimail 7.2 Lab/install Guide that basically instructs new users how to setup standard features for all modes, gtw, trans, serv. I am using the nstructions for the gtw mode - antispam, antivirus, policies, encryption etc, pretty standard, well developed lab guide.

But still...... i think more can be explored and the admin guide just give definitions, not much real world setup to follow.

Does anyone or rather, can anyone send a more robust template/settings for all features on fortimail to inspect smtp traffic, specifically the tabs - (policy, security, encryption, dlp), something robust. For e.g. banned words are VAST, other fortimail features are so daunting and almost endless. What, where or which is best?

Asking for someone's .cfg with some nice gateway setup and just removing their internal IP details would not be cool lol, though a bit flexible and efficient.  Can anyone assist?

3 REPLIES 3
CatInHat
New Contributor III

Sure, you can try using the "FortiMail Gateway" template in FortiMail to streamline your configuration process. This template provides pre-configured settings for common email gateway scenarios, making it easier to set up your FortiMail instance according to your requirements.

To access the "FortiMail Gateway" template, navigate to the configuration settings in FortiMail and select the template option. From there, you should be able to choose the "FortiMail Gateway" template and apply it to your configuration.

NeoRant
New Contributor III

LOLOLOL. You just made my weekend and it has not even started as yet. People in this community are trying to learn, seek help and you here making silly jokes...

Do you get satisfaction being like this?

AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi @NeoRant 

Don't worry about the endless features of FML, personally I integrated tens FML solutions and believe me when I say I may know only 1/4 of its features and parameters at most. This is because you don't need to know them all, you just need to know the essential, then the other features you will search them and discover them once your integration requires it, this is because you may not need them at all in your life. There are even some features that is better not to use them.

Regarding the template I think it is not so interesting to have it, since the good configuration in most cases is to run the wizard, which uses default profiles that are good for most cases.

On the other hand it is not only a matter of FML, there are other important things to configure that are not inside FML, they are related DNS (MX, rDNS, SPF, DMARK, ...). Try understand them and master them well in order to have a 10/10 delivrability score.

Finally, feel free to post your FML related issues in this forum and the community will be happy to help. Even is you don't go with a solution I'm sure you will go with more knowledge and useful information.

AEK
AEK
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors