Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Wee-Lamm
New Contributor

Fortimail Cloud, URL Filters; v7.2.4(GA-Maturity), build401, 2023.05.17

We have several URL Filters in active state, with competing categories including for example;
Security Risk: newly-observed-domain
Security Risk: newly-registered-domain

If a Fortiguard Category is enabled in more than one filter, is the scan performed once for all filters that contain the category, or will each filter that includes the category cause a subsequent scan to be performed? 

That is, if 3 filters each indicated to scan a 'newly-observed-domain', will that trigger 1 or 3 scans of the 'newly-observed-domain'?

Steven.

4 REPLIES 4
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Steven,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Steven,

We are still looking for someone to help you.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Steven,

A FortiCloud expert will soon reply to your request.

Regards,

Debbie_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hey Wee-Lamm,

please take this with a large grain of salt, I'm still familiarizing myself with FortiMail, but based on my experience with FortiGate and webfiltering:
- webfilter/urlfilter results are cached for at least a few minutes
- if all three profiles apply to the same traffic, this will probably trigger three lookups, but the 2nd and 3rd would just take the cached result from the first lookup

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors