Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Marine25
New Contributor

Fortigate using syslog and Fortianalyser at the same time

Hello , can a fortigate use a fortianalyser and at the same time be configured to send syslogs to another host (a SIEM solution)

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes you can run  a syslog and   faz at that same time. If you need to  send to more than 1+ syslogs, use the  cli

to configure the syslog-targets

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Marine25
New Contributor

thanks for the info.

User5
New Contributor

Interested in this as well as I am doing the same thing. 

I can see that you can configure multiple syslog in the CLI but would like to know if the Syslog config overrides the Fortianalyzer config as it does in the GUI.

If I enable FAZ and Syslog via web GUI then Syslog overides and does not send logs to FAZ, or so I have been informed.

Does the config need to be done specifically in the CLI ?

Thanks

hawada
New Contributor

Hi

When configuring multiple Syslog servers (or one Syslog server), you can configure reliable delivery of log messages from the Syslog server. Configuring of reliable delivery is available only in the CLI.

If VDOMs are enabled, each VDOM will use the default FortiAnalyzer/Syslog server, but an individual override can be enabled in the CLI, allowing you to specify a different FortiAnalyzer/Syslog server for that VDOM

Most FortiGate features are, by default, enabled for logging. You can disable individual FortiGate features you do not want the Syslog server to record, as in this example:

config log syslogd filter set traffic {enable | disable} set web {enable | disable} set url-filter {enable | disable} end

To enable/disable override settings per-VDOM

config log syslogd override-filter set override {enable | disable}

end

Same for FortiAnalyzer but instead of syslogd use fortianalyzer.

http://docs.fortinet.com/uploaded/files/1084/fortigate-loggingreporting-509.pdf

Yes, you have to make those changes via CLI.   Regards  
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors