Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Xaak
New Contributor

Fortigate FG-60F UTM bundle Antispam question

Ok, so I set up a new FG-60F with UTM this weekend.  I set up antispam on my incoming port 25 to insert a header into the email. This is working just fine.  But upon further inspection, I noticed that another header was being inserted into some spam emails which looked like this:

X-SpamInfo: FortiGuard-AntiSpam ip, connection block ip x.x.x.x> 

I could not find any information about automatically inserted headers and I have a few questions.

What other messages other than "ip connection block" can come in under the header "X-SpamInfo: FortiGuard-AntiSpam"?

Is there a reference somewhere stating what these messages might be?

Is there some kind of "scoring" of spam messages that can be inserted into the header?

I'd like to know so I can set filters in my email server to automatically send the spam to the spam folder or automatically delete them based on an internal score.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Xaak
New Contributor

It's not for a home network.

hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @Xaak,

You can find the settings in the CLI by running "show full emailfilter profile". Depends on which email filter profile you are using. Check for "action tag", "tag-type", and "tag-msg". Also check if "hdrip" is enabled. 

Regards, 

Xaak
New Contributor

Thanks, I'll check when I get back to my office.

Xaak
New Contributor

@hbac 

No, that didn't show anything about the X-SpamInfo: tag in the header.  I even searched a newly created backup for that string and nothing turned up.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors