Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dave_walton
New Contributor

Fortigate Client causing PC's to become unresponsive

We use Forticlient 5.2.3 to connect to some of our customers networks from windows 8.1 workstations.

Quite frequently our helpdesk are reporting that the Forticlient has locked up and become unresponsive.  The only resolution to this is to hard power of the PC and restart.

Forticlient and Windows 8.1 are all up to date.  This is happening on numerous PC's but not everytime a connection is made.

Any Ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_Lin_FTNT

It will be a good idea to open a ticket to get someone look into this.

dave_walton
New Contributor

Do you have an email address for support.

I am unable to log a ticket as I do not have a device serial number.

Many Thanks

kolawale_FTNT

Are you using IPsec VPN or SSL VPN? Are there any third party AV or WF products installed alongside FortiClient?

Try installing only the VPN component of FortiClient to see if the issues observed will be resolved.

dave_walton

I do have the VPN only client installed.

rob
New Contributor II

dave_walton wrote:

We use Forticlient 5.2.3 to connect to some of our customers networks from windows 8.1 workstations.

Quite frequently our helpdesk are reporting that the Forticlient has locked up and become unresponsive.  The only resolution to this is to hard power of the PC and restart.

Forticlient and Windows 8.1 are all up to date.  This is happening on numerous PC's but not everytime a connection is made.

Any Ideas?

I think I could be experiencing the same problem. Except This particular machine is on Win 7 Home. And it shows up under System Log after a reboot, and with a very slow login. But once its back up it appears fine for a random amount of time/days. 

Faulting application name: fmon.exe, version: 5.2.3.633, time stamp: 0x54bd9300 Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18869, time stamp: 0x55636317 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x0003334f Faulting process id: 0x1360 Faulting application start time: 0x01d0ba3fff13c26e Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fortinet\FortiClient\fmon.exe Faulting module path: C:\windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll Report Id: 3279a870-2649-11e5-85fe-00090ffe0001

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors