Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
HugoPereira
New Contributor

Forticlient making RDP slow

After installing the Forticlient (v5.4.0.0780) to the users laptops, all of them experience instant slow down of Remote Desktop sessions via SSL (port 443). I tried disabling web security, disabling "Scan files as they are downloaded", disabling "Block all access to malicious websites",  and disabling "Block knows communications channels used by attackers".

Nothing worked. The only thing that seemed to work is to disable proxy like the attached screenshot. I obviously need both Forticlient AND Remote Desktop to work without interfering with each other.

Thank you,

Hugo Pereira.

5 REPLIES 5
HugoPereira
New Contributor

Anybody has an idea about this? Would be greatly appreciated! Thanks,

Hugo

Tikked

I am experiencing the same issue with RDP connections as well. Both on laptops and desktops running Forticlient. I created a file exclusion for mstsc.exe in the system 32 folder which seemed to work for a while but the problem has relapsed.

HugoPereira

Hi Tikked,

How did you go about creating the exclusion? Thanks,

Hugo

thommy88

We have the same problem. Do you found a solution?

regards,

thomas

BroadAspect

Since FortiClient 5.4, we have had to remove it from desktops and servers. It has done nothing but cause performance issues and break functionality of applications. For Windows 10, it has caused random lock ups and crashes. Honestly we have given up on this system for the time being, if it doesn't work for us internally we can't present and demonstrate it to clients!   It just doesn't seem to give us enough control to not scan and interfere with services. Would love to hear from someone that is using it successfully! There is a huge advantage potential to having the FortiClient fully operational, integrated into the Fortinet platform for our SMB clients.  

Regards, Nick

User since FortiOS 3.5

Regards, Nick User since FortiOS 3.5
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors